at Baldy MT
Flying at Baldy
Baldy Mountain Resort located in the Okanagan BC is happy to welcome HPAC P2, or higher, certified pilots the opportunity to launch and land within the Resort boundaries through the winter months for the 2018-19 operating season. Keep an eye out as we look to offer the general public the opportunity to fly with a tandem Pilot.
Planning is being carried out for opportunity to fly in summer months as well, stay tuned.
How does it work
- Pilots MUST be current HPAC members & carry a P2 or greater rating.
- Pilots MUST register daily at ticket office to fly & will receive a 20% discount on day ticket.
- An initial winter use waiver must be read and signed. Note: if you are a season pass holder at Baldy you must check in at the ticket office to sign the waiver and get your pilots ticket at no extra charge.
- Pilots are required to ski launch and land during winter operating days
- Pilots must use sanctioned launches and landings (indicated by wind socks) Map
- Pilots can only launch in conditions that are suggested below. Baldy Mountain Resort has the right to deny all flying activity when conditions are not within site parameters.
- Pilots must yield right of way to all skiers and snowboarders.
Safety and respect
We ask all pilots to ensure the safety of all our clients and give priority to the Skiers and Snowboarders . We have area’s for launch and landing signed and cordoned off to allow you to safely operate. At no point should a pilot take any risk that could cause harm to a person or the resorts infrastructure.
Below please find a map which will soon be updated with highlighted launch and landing area’s (also available at the ticket office) and these should be the only locations that pilots should use.
The Alpine Responsibility Code must be respected at all times
Baldy mountain Resort reserves the right to refuse permission to fly at any time.
Free Flight Event at Baldy MT
We are glad to confirm that a Mini-wing event will be held on January 19th and 20th. Stay tuned for details.
If you have questions about the resort and its operations please contact us on 250.485.7593. If you have specific questions for a local pilot please use the contact us form.